By closing a secondary street to traffic, Uhlplatz square was transformed from a humble traffic intersection into an active space for cultural events and city markets. The grand St. Seraphikus church, which is illuminated at night, presides over the square. Its presence heightens the square’s cultural importance and serves as an orientation landmark for the entire western Gürtel. One end of the square is sheltered from Gürtel traffic by a generous plant trellis, as the opposite end is accentuated by an airy canopy that shelters space for potential concerts, exhibitions, etc.
- Uhlplatz, 1080 Wien, Österreich
- Tillner & Willinger ZT GmbH, Wien